We are currently looking to recruit a part-time receptionist to join our friendly team.
The hours would be 18-20 per week, including a mixture of morning and afternoon shifts Mon-Fri, with one late finish 18.30. The shift pattern is the same each week and is as below:
3-5 hrs still to be confirmed
Overtime is also available.
The role will require you to provide a competent and professional quality service to our patients liaising between the GPs, other clinical staff and non-clinical staff to support the smooth running of the surgery on a daily basis.
*Please note that this role requires working in an extremely busy, changeable, challenging and fast paced environment so the ability to remain calm under pressure and adapt to new ways of working is absolutely essential.*
The post holder must have a positive approach to work, enjoy working as part of a team and understand and demonstrate excellent customer care and communication skills.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Excellent English language skill
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise in a changing environment
- Able to use own initiative
- Good computer skills
Desirable Skills and experience required (training will be given):
- Knowledge of the EMIS Web clinical syste
- Awareness of the Data Protection Act
- Liaising with Primary and Secondary care Personnel
Duties will include:
- Using the appointment system to book, change and cancel appointment
- Assisting patients over the phone and face to face with booking appointments, prescription queries and general enquiries
- Passing messages to clinical staff and patients
- Prescription administratio
- Liaising with other healthcare professional
- Other general administrative duties
If you feel that you have the skills listed above and would like to become a part of the Milestone Team please apply now by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - we look forward to hearing from you.