Milestone is a very busy GP Surgery based in Farnborough town centre, Hampshire. We are currently looking to recruit a part-time receptionist to join our friendly team.
The hours would be 21-26.5 per week, including a mixture of morning and afternoon shifts Mon-Fri, with one late finish 18.30. There is always potential to work additional hours, so the successful applicant needs to be flexible when required.
The role will require you to provide a competent and professional quality service to our patients liaising between the GPs, other clinical staff and non-clinical staff to support the smooth running of the surgery on a daily basis.
*Please note that this role requires working in an extremely busy, changeable, challenging and fast paced environment so the ability to remain calm under pressure and adapt to new ways of working is absolutely essential.*
The post holder must have a positive approach to work, enjoy working as part of a team and understand and demonstrate excellent customer care and communication skills.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Excellent English language skills
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise in a changing environment
- Able to use own initiative
- Good computer skills
Desirable Skills and experience required (training will be given):
- Knowledge of the EMIS Web clinical system
- Awareness of the Data Protection Act
- Liaising with Primary and Secondary care Personnel
Duties will include:
- Using the appointment system to book, change and cancel appointments
- Assisting patients over the phone and face to face with booking appointments, prescription queries and general enquiries
- Passing messages to clinical staff and patients
- Prescription administration
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals
- Other general administrative duties
If you feel that you have the skills listed above and would like to become a part of the Milestone Team please apply now by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - we look forward to hearing from you.